Heroes of Freeport
This campaign uses 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons. This edition does not do a good job of identifying which rules are optional or variants, so this page specifically calls out the ones we use and how we use them.
The optional following rules are used from the Player’s Handbook.
- Customizing Ability Scores (13)
- Variant Human Traits (31)
- Equipment Sizes (144): This applies only to changing armor to fit a different Size-rated character.
- Multiclassing (163-165)
- Feats (165-170)
- Skills with Different Abilities (175)
The following optional rules are used from the Dungeon Master’s Guide.
- Flanking (251): A Large size creature, in addition to having enemies on opposite sides of it, requires another adjacent enemy before it is flanked. For each additional size category, another adjacent creature is required. Only creatures on opposite sides or corners of the creature get the flanking benefit.
- Diagonals (252)
- Firearms (267-268): Replace this with the expanded rules on the Firearms page.
- Disarm, Overrun, Shove Aside, and Tumble (271-272)
- Hitting Cover (272)